- Tel: ➤ Login/Register to view the contact details.
Hailing from Perth Western Australia, I am a highly experienced and passionate professional working in the arts/events/entertainment industry.
Bachelor degree in Arts Management, studied at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). Completed in 2017.
Areas of expertise:
Production Planning and Producing
Business Development and Funding
Strategic Marketing and Publicity
Human Resource Management
Astor Theatre Perth | Duty Manager | 2015 – 2017
The Astor Theatre Perth is a prominent arts organisation in Western Australia, which has enriched arts and culture in Perth since the venue was constructed in 1915. With a reserved seating capacity of 978 and general admission capacity of 1150 persons, the venue hosts a variety of live entertainment events of all different art forms. I have worked at hundreds of events in the role of Duty Manager since 2015.
• Oversee key venue operations, functioning as the first point of contact between front of house staff, security and production personnel
• Prepare the venue, set up cash registers, turn on lights and aircon, check facilities are clean and chairs are tidy
• Communicate with tour manager and production personnel, formulate an operational plan and ensure production needs are met
• Organise guest list and venue collects, supervise the box office and assist to resolve any ticketing issues
• Brief front of house staff and security on tickets sales, show timings, photo/video policies, liquor licensing and age restrictions
• Oversee the opening of doors, ticket scanning, box office and bar operations throughout the night
• Ensure patrons are promptly admitted into the venue, served at the bar and seated before giving front of house clearance to start the show
• Manage legislative responsibilities for the sale and supply of liquor, assist bar staff with responsible service of alcohol and restocking bars
• Work with security to monitor patrons, responding to incidents and customer complaints in an attentive and professional manner
• Oversee closing of doors and bump out, complete operations and maintenance report, secure the venue and lock up at end of night
Astor Theatre Perth | Intern | July – September 2017
In addition to working for the venue, I have completed a 10 week full time internship, in which I gained experience planning and organising a number of events.
• Work with promoters to plan and produce live entertainment events
• Manage the venue bookings calendar and hold requests
• Write contracts for venue hire agreements
• Liaise with ticketing providers to administer event information, ticket prices, sales allocations, marketing materials, reporting and settlement details
• Coordinate event announcements on homepage of website, schedule email campaigns
using MailChimp and engage with social media using Facebook events
• Installation and maintenance of external banners and signage for marketing of shows
• Prepare the venue for different shows, printing venue collects, setting up different
seating arrangements, stocking the bars, preparing hospitality rider for artists
• Issue settlement statements after a show, reporting on ticket sales and
customer opt ins
- Front of House Operations
- Box Office/Ticketing
- Team management