Contract Head of ‘Arts at CERN’
Head of ‘Arts at CERN’ in the International Relations Sector (IR), Education, Communications and Outreach Group (IR-ECO), Global Engagement and Exhibitions Section (IR-ECO-EN).
You will join the International Relations Sector (IR), Education, Communications and Outreach Group (ECO) that is responsible for generating public engagement in science, producing and distributing information, fostering community-building and consolidating support for CERN and its mission.
You will be part of the Global Engagement and Exhibitions Section that takes the lead in developing and implementing exhibitions, multimedia productions, online resources and other activities to inform and engage global audiences in support of CERN’s mission and of fundamental science.
This position is part of the ‘Arts at CERN’ programme, promoting dialogue and co-creation between artists and scientists at CERN. Every year, CERN hosts more than 20 renowned artists for visits and residencies between 1-3 months to create new expert knowledge in the arts.
As Head of ‘Arts at CERN’, you will:
– Manage the programming and delivery of Arts at CERN through existing residency programmes (Collide, Accelerate, Guest Artists). This includes coordinating the calls for applications, jury selection and meetings, as well as scheduling the residencies and being responsible for the budget of Arts at CERN.
– Develop partnerships with external organisations to ensure the financial independence and long-term sustainability of the programme. This includes fundraising for the residencies and activities, through strategically planned local and international partnerships, and managing these partnerships in coordination with the relevant entities at CERN.
– Curate artistic or arts-related content for CERN’s exhibitions and outreach events, within existing and future platforms for science education and communication.
– Develop new initiatives and platforms that can extend the reach and impact of the programme
– Foster and manage relationships with CERN scientists and staff who participate in the residency programmes and in other initiatives of Arts at CERN.
– Provide substantive support to the CERN Cultural Board (advisory committee composed of renowned cultural leaders in the arts.
– Proactively raise awareness of the programme within CERN and at the local, national and international level.
Apply for this Job