“Birmingham Contemporary Music Group is a global leader in the performance of innovative new music”
US Library of Congress, Washington DC (BCMG Residency in Washington D.C., 2014)
Emerging from the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra in 1987, Birmingham Contemporary Music Group is critically acclaimed for championing the most forward-looking music through exhilarating performances of works by new composers.
BCMG are seeking new Trustees to shape the strategies of this pioneering ensemble, and take it to its next stage of development. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in digital development, education and finance, and also in someone who is well connected at a senior level in the West Midlands and beyond and who can act as an Ambassador for the ensemble.
Working as a trustee you will:
- Use your professional skills to support and influence the success of BCMG’s ambitious business plan
- Build the profile of Birmingham as a centre for the arts
- Gain board level strategic experience in the arts
- Work with a diverse team of professionals at a senior level within the corporate and arts sectors
- Contribute actively to the board of trustees by giving firm strategic direction to BCMG, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Play an integral part in the good governance of the charity
Submissions are currently open and we plan to discuss the position with candidates during Summer 2018 and appoint Trustees in Autumn 2018.
For further information, including the application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job