Full-Time Personal Assistant to CityMusic Promotions
Personal Assistant to CityMusic Promotions Ltd/Concert Pianist,
Working mainly in situ at office in South East London, with regular visits to concerts and concert venues in the UK
As soon as possible on agreement with chosen suitable candidate
Background to Warren Mailley-Smith/CityMusicPromotions Ltd
City Music Promotions Ltd. is the Service Company under which WMS operates. In 2016, Warren Mailley-Smith became the first British pianist to perform Chopin’s complete works for solo piano from memory in a series of 11 recitals at St John’s Smith Square. Hailed by the critics as an “epic achievement”
He has given acclaimed solo recitals at The Wigmore Hall, Carnegie Hall and has performed for the British Royal Family on numerous occasions. One of the busiest concert pianists of his generation, he regularly gives over 80 performances a year.
His career has taken him all over the world, with solo performances in Australia, Europe and most recently solo tours in China and the USA. He is a popular soloist on the London concert scene and performs regularly in music societies, festivals, schools and concert halls throughout the UK and abroad and as guest artist on several of the world’s most famous cruise liners.
He has 30 piano concertos in his repertoire, having made his concerto debut with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Warren’s growing discography has made an impact on critics, broadcasters and the public alike. His recordings have been featured by Classic FM as CD of the Week and his recordings are featured regularly on Classic FM and the BBC. He is currently recording the complete works of Chopin over a 3-year period for a 12-disc set for Sleeveless Records.
He is also an active chamber musician and is the Artistic Director of the Piccadilly Chamber Music Series and The Piccadilly Sinfonietta.
Warren studied with some of the world’s leading pedagogues, including Peter Feuchtwanger, Ronald Smith and John Barstow at The Royal College of Music. He is now in demand himself as a teacher.
The purpose of this full-time role is to assist concert pianist Warren Mailley-Smith (WMS) with concert, data and artist management, promotion and business development.]
The successful performance of the role will mean that WMS is fully leveraged so that he has maximum time for concert preparation, recording and decision-making.
- Online events listings
- Print and distribution liaison
- Basic PR work (press releases, communication with local press)
- Travel and accommodation logistics
- Programme production
- Venue liaison
- Box office management
- Programme and CD sales
- Orchestral and chamber group management
- Maintaining mailing list databases
- Managing social media campaigns – Facebook, YouTube, Twitter,Instagram, LinkedIn etc. with a view to maximise audience attendance for each eventCandidates who have demonstrated a clear track record of their ability to set up comparable initiatives, would be welcomed, e.g.
- Develop new initiatives
- Explore new venues
- Build relationships with other promoters
- Consider overseas initiatives
Ideal candidates for this post will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation to work alone and remotely
- Flexibility to travel [a clean UK Driving License ideal but not essential]
- Fine attention to detail
- Track record of using Excel to manage concurrent complex tasks and assimilate, record and manipulate data accurately
- Excellent written communication skills and grammar
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and find solutions to problems for which there is often no precedent.
- An ability to work under pressure and, conversely, initiative to find useful tasks duringquieter periods.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘can do’ attitude
A sound understanding in the use of digital marketing although technical support behind this is already in place
Candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those candidates who are pre-selected will be interviewed initially over the telephone and then in person by WMS.
All candidates invited to interview must bring documents confirming any educational and professional qualifications that are necessary or relevant for the post (e.g. the original or certified copies of certificates, diplomas etc.). Where originals or certified copies are not available for the successful candidate, written confirmation of the relevant qualifications must be obtained from the awarding body.
All candidates invited to interview must also bring with them:
- Their passport, or if not available, a current driving licence including a photograph and a full birth certificate
- A utility bill or financial statement showing current name and address
- Where appropriate, any documentation evidencing a change of name
Offer of Engagement
• Any offer to a successful candidate will be conditional upon receipt of at least two satisfactory written references and the verification of identity and qualifications.
Compensation and Details of Employment
- Agreed monthly payment of £2000 plus a percentage of profit paid as bonus on each profitable event taking place after 1 month from the start of the contract, (with a realistic opportunity to at least double the basic remuneration).
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 10am – 5.30pm, although during concert days 2- 10pm.
- Offer of engagement is on the basis of one month’s notice, for either party.
- Offer of engagement: Any offer of engagement will be made subject to twosatisfactory references
Apply for this Job