Freelance Opportunity for Artist: Buckley Memorial Public Art Commission
Commission for the creation of a work of public art at The Buckley War Memorial site, North Wales.
The commission is open internationally to both professional artists or groups of artists that have sufficient proven experience to manage the process of design, fabrication and installation of a work of public art.
Deadline for initial proposal – 22 September 2017
Fee: An inclusive fee of £500 is available to each short-listed artist as payment for a fully worked-up proposal. A further inclusive fee of £35,000 is available to the selected artist.
To apply for this commission, we require a short proposal containing:
• An initial sketch or design
• An artist’s statement describing the theme / idea
• A description of the materials you are proposing to use
• A brief description of fabrication and installation methods
• An initial budget
• A CV and/or evidence of previous work
Artists should be minded to ensure the initial sketch or design along with the artist
statement describing the theme consist of no more than 2 sheets of A4 or 1 sheet of A3 in total.
Apply for this Job