Contract Head of Marketing & Communications
Unseen Amsterdam is one of the world’s leading art fairs. Unseen as a platform focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
We are an established international photography platform dedicated to new photography, based in Amsterdam yet known around the world for our continued efforts to push the boundaries of a traditional photography fair. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and creative team player with excellent communication and coordination skills.
As Head of Marketing & Communications, you will develop and manage the overall communications strategy for Unseen. This includes the brand identity, marketing and communications campaigns, the website, social media and digital channels, as well as all printed materials and coordinating internal and external, local and international PR activity.
While the focus of your work will be the upcoming edition of Unseen Amsterdam, you will also play a key role in defining Unseen’s identity as a platform, including the company’s mission, vision and activities in extending these.
You will coordinate your team in developing an innovative communications strategy and campaigns, and manage their progress in implementing this. You will also work closely with the editorial, partnership, artistic and VIP teams to ensure that content is communicated in the best possible way across Unseen channels and beyond.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for liaising and coordinating press, managing the communications and PR budget, coordinating all print materials in the lead up to Unseen events and activities, and ensuring plans for off-site and on-site communication and documentation (including photography and video) are executed to the highest standard.
• A university degree in marketing or communications
• At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience (not necessarily in the arts)
• Extensive international press networks
• Excellent people management skills and experience of leading and managing teams
• Demonstrative ability to take initiative, working independently as well as in a team
• Relevant experience developing and promoting content across online platforms and media
• Proven ability of expanding marketing relationships in line with commercial business objectives
• Experience of working in or with internal and external Public Relations teams
• Comprehensive understanding of social media formats and application and a familiarity with CMS systems
• Well acquainted with the most recent online marketing tools
• Native English speaker, Dutch is a plus
• Excellent planning and project management skills
• Excellent relationship management, writing, presentation and communication skills
• Knowledge of the full marketing mix
• A strong interest in the arts and especially photography
This is initially a 12-month full-time position with a salary of €45.000 – €50.000 p/a depending on experience.
Apply for this Job