Full-Time Head of Automation – International Touring Shows
The Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is recruiting for stage and aerial automation specialists of the highest ability to lead our technical automation teams on our international touring shows!
See the world! Experience the excitement of running a show in the live entertainment sphere, and apply your expertise in stage automation as Head of Department.
In this role, the incumbent will:
– Manage and oversee automation operations;
– Act as automation equipment operator during rehearsals and performances;
– Ensure that automation systems function smoothly during performances;
– Liaise between the tour and suppliers regarding changes to robotics;
– Protect the integrity of artistic concepts;
– Ensure the safety of automation equipment at all times;
– Ensure the automation team and technical personnel (Cirque employees and supernumerary staff) respect standards and regulations regarding the safety of automation equipment, and apply safe work methods;
– Train and supervise back-up operators with regard to changeovers and replacements;
– Develop and update training and succession programs to ensure continuity of automation operations during performance runs;
– Inspect and maintain automation equipment, and keep records of inspections and alterations;
– Keep automation archives, stock lists, technical documentation and customs documents up to date;
– Seek out, order or purchase new or replacement lighting equipment as per the company’s procurement policies;
– Participate in the process of hiring new technicians, managing team budgets and projecting capital expenditures;
– Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
– Use the tools and procedures provided to manage inventory and equipment data;
– Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
– Coordinate activities, supervise personnel, and participate in the show’s load-in and load-out (set-up and tear-down on big top shows).
As Head of Automation, the ideal candidate will have:
– College diploma or equivalent work experience in live entertainment, theatre production or electronics;
– At least five years’ experience working with automation systems;
– Technical knowledge of automation systems (PLC, AC motor control, slave systems, control loops, electrical systems);
– General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
– General knowledge of lighting systems, an asset;
– Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show;
– Leadership or personnel management experience;
– Ability to handle contingents and work well under pressure;
– Fluency in English;
– Availability to travel full-time and to foreign countries.
Apply for this Job