Full-Time Content & Communications Manager
neugerriemschneider is an international contemporary art gallery based in Berlin and represents 23 artists.
The gallery has a rigorous exhibition program and participates in the world’s leading art fairs.
To cover for parental leave, we are looking for a:
Content & Communications Manager
The position is a 12-month contract, full-time (40 hours a week).
Following the contract, there is the possibility of further employment.
In close cooperation with the gallery team, you are responsible for the press and public relations as well as the text-based communication of the gallery. Key responsibilities are:
- Devising, implementing and regulating of the external communication of all gallery activities as well as selected institutional exhibitions and projects of our artists
- Cultivating and building contacts with local, national and international journalists and media representatives
- Answering all press enquiries in collaboration with the artist liaison team
- Text-based communication: researching, writing, translating and editing exhibition texts, work texts as well as further text material
- Initiation, organization and implementation of press events in the gallery
- Representation of the gallery at exhibition openings in Berlin and elsewhere
We are looking for an individual with a genuine passion for contemporary art and the mediation of artistic content. The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in press and public relations on an international level
- Extensive knowledge of art history, the developments in contemporary art and the international art market
- A firm knowledge of the international media landscape, as well as existing relationships with media representatives and journalists
- Very good knowledge of German and English, eloquence and confidence when writing texts in both languages
- A character that is driven, self-motivated, resilient, creative, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Secure handling of common MAC and Office applications
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by 14.4.19 by e-mail to Jan Salewski: email@example.com
Apply for this Job