Full-Time Arts & Heritage Officer
Salary: £18, 500k
Full time (36 hrs per week). Location: Borehamwood
1 Year Fixed term
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our small team as Arts and Heritage Officer to assist the Creative Director to deliver our programme of work and community based activities. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with communities, delivering arts and craft workshops, working with volunteers, setting up exhibitions and experience of project planning.
You will be involved in a multiple programmes of community events, exhibitions and educational activities. Therefore ability to manage multiple projects is key. You will lead and facilitate creative workshops for children and adults and work in partnership with community organisations, and special interest groups as required, to deliver the programme aims.
This role is ideal for a creative individual with some background in the Arts who has the ability to utilise their interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
You will also be familiar with monitoring projects, preparing progress reports and working with freelance artists.
* Experience of working within an Arts related educational environment, including work with community groups
* Educated to degree level in Fine Arts or equivalent.
* Ability to facilitate and lead art workshops for children and adults
* Experience of supporting multiple projects at once
* Excellent communication and planning skills
* Excellent people management skills
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite
* Knowledge of planning exhibitions / project management
* Knowledge of using digital and social media to enhance community engagement
Other requirements not mentioned above
Willingness to travel to a variety of locations as required for the role.
It is expected that at least 50% of this role will be working outside of the office within the community and other relevant locations
To apply, Applicants must respond with an application form available at www.learningthroughthearts.co.uk/jobs
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is March 31, 2019.
Apply for this Job