Gallery assistant / graphic designer
A creative and extremely enthusiastic person with a keen eye, strong work ethic and an infectious passion for the art world.
- contemporary art,
- Fine arts,
- graphic design
- Organisation and time management
- Manage different programs and events
- Strong general knowledge & understanding of contemporary art
- Excellent communication and telephone manners
- Decision making and problem solving
- Team player
- Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign)
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- advanced English and French,
- Spanish basic Dutch basic
English – Advanced Level Certificate, Institut des Langues Modernes
September 2011 – June 2012 (Belgium)
Teaching Certificate (CAP), IFC Jonfosse,
September 2010 – February 2012 (Belgium)
Bachelor in Visual Arts & Graphic Design, ESA Saint-Luc
With honours, 2007 – 2010 (Belgium)
– Graphic design with focus on typography, branding, packaging and illustration
– Short courses : silkscreen, 2D animation, bookbindery techniques
Translation English / Russian studies, Institut Libre Marie Haps (ILMH)
2004 – 2007 (Belgium)
Seconday school degree, Saint-Véronique,
1998 – 2004 (Belgium)
Art Gallery Assistant (intern) – PURE EVIL GALLERY – February 2014 – May 2014
– Assisted day-to-day duties of Gallery Director (sales, overseeing shipping, invoices, maintaining gallery database).
– Managed front desk, dealt with visitors inqueries (sales and information), managed the phone and correspondence.
– Responsible for designing graphic materials (flyers, presskit, print) in accordance with the artist and gallery aesthetic.
– Prepared exhibition and openings (installation, cataloguing, designing, framing)
– Liaised with clients, collegues, and other galleries.
Art teacher – SAINT-LOUIS AMERCOEUR (Belgium) – Sept. 2012 – August 2013
KS 3 - 4 – taught multicultural background teenagers (including non-French speakers)
« ways » of looking at art and encouraged self-expression through creation techniques.
ESL teacher – SAINT-LOUIS AMERCOEUR (Belgium) – Sept. 2012 – August 2013
KS 3 – designed lessons and activities for speaking, listening, reading, writing & grammatical awareness.
KS 5 – created activities focusing on using English in work-related situations (phone skills, medical / social / sales assistant).
Graphic designer – FREELANCE (supplementary professional activity) – Sept. 2011 – present
Covered and designed a large breath of works for clients predominantly in print material, layout, business & brand identity.
Created notebooks and books (design and bindery) related to specific events (wedding, anniversary)